C-Spydo

Techie | Creative Artiste

A Flutter Story – 0

I started using Flutter in October of 2018 and I haven’t looked back once. Not like I’ve had any serious reason to. I had just got taken off a major project at work and assigned to something urgent. A mobile application. I am no newbie to mobile application development, and I wrote my first mobile/web app in 2013 using Wakanda. (Not the MCU version).

By mid 2015, I was a certified Android Developer and Google facilitator, so I knew my way around the android ecosystem a bit. Notwithstanding, I had made a bit of foray into the world cross-platform mobile application development with Phonegap and Framework7. At that time, my coworkers and techie friends would not just stop talking about React Native. They said it was the next big thing and showed me apps. I didn’t care, still don’t.

Maybe I did a bit, for I tried writing a little to do app with React Native. Wasn’t bad, but at the same time, there was too much stuff under the hood that I couldn’t figure out. A part of me was just too wary. I get wary like that when something is over hyped. (See Hype Driven Development), and I still remembered what happened with Parse Server. (It was supposed to kick firebase in the nuts).

Long story short, I was very reluctant to leave Google’s Developer Ecosystem. (Same way I would never dream of leaving Microsoft’s Developer Network). Then I found Flutter, and I was hooked in 5 minutes. It was simple.

Google (my love) had something I could use for X platform dev, without leaving my beloved Android Studio, in a Language (Dart) very similar to Javascript ( which ironically was my first serious language, but I now have a Love/Hate relationship with). A little reading and tutorials later. I was hooked.  15 minutes later, I had it setup in my studio and had run a Hello World App.

2 hours and some more reading/research later, I had a simple item list/detail app running with awesome UI, navigation and animation.

That’s all it took.

6 days later, I had a alpha version of an API connected app (the project mentioned at the beginning) running smoothly and looking cool.

It’s almost 7 months now, I have 4 Flutter Apps on the playstore (2 in full production, 2 in beta). I have another major app, and Payment Systems Package in development.  I haven’t looked back. I don’t think I ever will. I am now a Flutter Evangelist.

Previous Article

7 thoughts on “A Flutter Story – 0

• Filip Persson
    July 6, 2019 at 7:33 am

Hi, I just came across your website and wanted to get in touch.

I run an animation studio that makes animated explainer videos helping companies to explain what they do, why it matters and how they’re unique in less than 2 minutes.

Watch some of our work here:
    http://bit.ly/301QCiC – what do you think about it?

I would be very interested in creating a great animated video for your company.

We have a smooth production process and handle everything needed for a high-quality video that typically takes us 6 weeks to produce from start to finish.

First, we nail the script, design storyboards you can’t wait to see animated. Voice actors in your native language that capture your brand and animation that screams premium with sound design that brings it all together.

Our videos are made from scratch and designed to make you stand out and get results. No templates, no cookie cutter animation that tarnishes your brand.

If you’re interested in learning more, please get in touch on the email below:
    Email: storybitevideos@gmail.com

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

• TeodoraShing
    July 6, 2019 at 9:46 pm

Abbakin is a digital marketing and online advertising agency in Lagos Nigeria. We deliver your products or services to the right customers, drive more traffic and increase your sales conversions.

• RobertswOws
    July 8, 2019 at 3:41 pm

Looking for staff(Accountants, Managers, Medical Personnel, Sales Reps, Front Door personnel, Secretaries, Teachers, Caterers, Hair Stylists, etc.)? Contact EPMS Ltd on 09031105551. You can also visit our office at Suite E2 Sharif Plaza, Wuse 2, Abuja or make your request online at http://www.epms-ltd.com/staff-request/ . The success of your business is our concern.

• coque iphone
    July 24, 2019 at 12:34 pm

hey i actually accidentally wiped our htaccess record, very cud any one help me available how i cud placed it bak??? pls rapid I am working Filezilla 3. installment payments on your eight. a single and also the method of demonstrating. htaccess is promoting.
    coque iphone http://sibpts.ru/?p=14881

• Alex Nordeen
    December 6, 2019 at 7:02 am

Hi,

Sorry to intrude your mailbox.

I saw you linked to https://framework7.io/ from https://cspydo.com.ng/2019/04/30/a-flutter-story-0/

I would like to bring to your attention a resource I recently created – Guru99. https://www.guru99.com/first-android-testing.html The content is up to date and very in-depth.

Thought you might like this one.

Thanks!
    Alex

• Alex Nordeen
    December 20, 2019 at 1:08 pm

Hi,

How’s it going?

I feel horrible troubling you and I’m starting to feel like a stalker. Much appreciated if you can let me know if you’d Link to us. If not, I won’t send you another email.

======================== Original Message =========================

Hi cspydo.com.ng,

Sorry to intrude your mailbox.

I would like to bring to your attention a resource I recently created – Guru99. https://www.guru99.com/first-android-testing.html with Anchor Text “Mobile Testing”. The content is up to date and very in-depth.

I did be obliged if you link to it.

As a thankyou, I would be glad to share your page with our 27k Facebook/Twitter/Linkedin Followers.

Thanks!
    Alex

• cspydo
      December 22, 2019 at 11:48 pm

Hi, thanks for the comment, I will link to you asap.
      You can communicate with me further by sending a message
      through the contact form. Thanks.